Moments With Maha

My name is Maha, I am in 5PW at L.P.S and you are reading the mysteries of my life. Enjoy!

Natural Disasters

on August 13, 2012

Natural Disasters!

This term our topic is Natural Disasters.

A natural disaster is a negative doing from nature which causes loss of life, environment and houses.

Natural disasters are floods, tsunami, drought, volcano eruption, bushfire, tornado, cyclone, hurricane and heatwave.

Here is a PhotoPeach with some examples of natural disasters.

Enjoy!

Thank you to Maddy for giving me this idea for a post!

She will be getting her own blog so look out on 4KM and 4KJs blog to see if they have put out her blog!

Comment on:

Do you have any facts on natural disasters?

What natural disaster would you be keen on to study?

6 Responses to “Natural Disasters”

1. Mrs Kathleen Morris says:

Hi Maha,

Well done to you and Maddy for thinking of this interesting post idea. It’s great to be interested in what you’re learning at school.

I love your PhotoPeach but remember to use attributions for your images. I know it’s a pain but it’s good to try to do the right thing.

I look forward to studying all the natural disasters with 4KM and 4KJ. If we learn more about them, we might be able to help prevent some events becoming disasters in the future. For example, if we learn about bushfires, we might learn how to be safe in a bushfire. And that is information we could share with others too.

Your teacher,
    Mrs M☀rris

• Maha says:

Dear Mrs Morris,

Thank you! I love the idea Maddy gave me. It is relevant to what we are learning about at school and if we learn more about natural disasters we can protect ourselves against it.

Thank you! I will try to use attributions in future with my PhotoPeachs.

I also look forward to studying natural disasters. We could try to prevent some of the events if we learn about it! I think information should be shared with everyone.

From your student,

Maha :mrgreen:

2. ash (Maha's dad) says:

Hi Maha!

I think natural disasters is an excellent topic to learn about the world and the power that the earth has to destroy civilisation.

It is thought that the Ice Age (sudden freezing of the earth’s poles) was a natural disaster which killed off all the dinosaurs!

The power of volcanoes is so tremendous that the lava can make whole new countries. Lots of the islands in the Mediterranean Sea have been made from zero by many many volcanoes exploding in the past.

My favourite volcano is Mount Vesuvius which is the only european volcano to have erupted in the last 100 years. It was also famous for destroying a Roman city called Pompeii in 79 AD, where many people died.

I think I like volcanoes so much is because even though they are millions of years old, there is still the danger that they can still erupt any time!!!!

Hope you have fun with your project!

Bye for now

Mahas Dad

• Maha says:

Hi Dad!

I also think natural disaster is an excellent topic.

Really? The Ice Age was thought to kill the dinosaurs?

It made new islands? Awesome! Did you learn natural disasters when you were in primary school?

I don’t have a favourite volcano but the one that killed a Roman City sounds awesome!

I also like volcanoes because they are dangerous but beatiful!

Maha :mrgreen:

3. ash (Maha's dad) says:

hi Maha!

Yes, I learn’t about volcanoes in Primary school – but I used to love reading about them on my own aswell!
    I used to go to the library and spend the whole morning there!

Isn’t it fascinating that volcanoes have the power to create and to destroy……

Molten lava is made from melted rock, heated up to a temperature of around 2000 degrees Fahrenheit !!!

Super Hot hot hot!!!

bye for now!

your dad

• Maha says:

Hi Dad!

It is great that you learnt about volcanoes out of school!

It is fascinating that they can create and destroy!

2000 degrees sounds like a burning kettle x100!

Bye!

Maha :mrgreen: