Moments With Maha

My name is Maha, I am in 5PW at L.P.S and you are reading the mysteries of my life. Enjoy!

What Are Your Favourite Books?

on May 25, 2012

Hi everybody!

I love reading and I hope you do to!

What are your favourite authors and book?

My favourite authors are Enid Blyton, Roald Dhal, Diana Wynn Jones, Ann. M. Martin, Anna Sewell, J.K Rowling, Louisa May Accot, Frances Hodgson Burnett ,Michael Morpurgo and Hayley Long. I do have a lot!

click to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own textclick to generate your own text

My favourite books are Famous Five, Secret Seven, Lottie Biggs Is NOT Mad, Babysitters Club, Little Sisters, The Secret Garden, Little Women, Black Beauty, the whole Roald Dhal series, the whole Harry Potter series, The Magic Faraway Tree and The Magic Wishing Chair.

All books are different. I like books that are adventurous.

Here are some questions for you to comment on:

What are your favourite books and authors?

What kind of books do like? ( adventure, romantic etc.)

44 Responses to “What Are Your Favourite Books?”

1. Hi Maha
    I think it’s wonderful you have your own blog.
    I like many of the authors that you do. I also enjoy Eoin Colfer’s books and the Percy Jackson series too. I even dress up as one of the Greek goddesses for my school’s book character parade on Monday!
    Keep up the wonderful work, your teachers must be very proud of you and you should be amazingly proud of yourself!

Dear Miss Lawrence,

Thank you for commenting on my blog!

I have a lot of authors! I also like some Percy Jackson books. I liked the movie Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief. I hope you have fun dressing up!

My teachers are proud and to think of it, I am proud of myself!

What school are you from of teach?

From,

2. Georgia says:

Dear Maha,

What a fabulous post! I absolutely love it.

My favourite books are any books by Roald Dahl. I started reading these books in grade three and starting to get all the books by him.

I also love the Magic Faraway Tree book even though I haven’t finished it yet. My other favourite author is Rachel Renee Russell. She wrote the Dork Diary series. I have read 1&2 three times.

I like all sorts of books, mostly gross books but not goosbumps.I also like romance but not really adventure.

Your Blogging Buddy,

Georgia

Dear Georgia,

Thank you!

I love Roald Dahl and in your comment it proves that you do to! I also started reading in grade three.

I have finished Magic Faraway and have read it 3 times. I also like Rachel Renee Russel! I think Dork Diaries is a copy of Diary of a Wimpy Kid.

I also like gross books. Mostly goosebumps! 😀

I like adventure but I don’t really think I am in to romance.

3. Hayden says:

hi maha,

my favorite book is diary of a wimpy kid,paul gennings,zac power and captin under pants.

bye for now,
    hayden

4. Mrs Kathleen Morris says:

Dear Maha,

Wow, you have a new post already. Well done!

You and I have something in common because when I was at school I was a big fan of the Baby-sitter’s Club. Who is your favourite character in the series? Would you like to be a baby-sitter when you’re a bit older?

I also loved Little Women and Enid Blyton books.

Best wishes,
    Mrs M☀rris

Dear Mrs Morris,

Thank you!

I am also a big fan of Baby-sitters Club. My favourite characters are Claudia and Dawn. I would love to be a babysitter when I am older!

I have only found out about Little Women and I loved it. My dad recommended Enid Blyton.

From your student,

5. Libst@r says:

Hi Maha,
    I new that you would have a lovely post when I looked on you blog next.

I always try to look at your blog whenever I can.

My fave books are Diary of a Wimpy Kid, my fave types are Rodrick Rules, Dog Days and The Last Straw.
    Another book would be Aussie Bites and Nibbles.

My fave authors are Enid Blyton, Jeff Kinney and Rohald Dahl.

Here are some questions for you:

What would be the top two books you absolutly adore?

What was you first book you have ever read if you can’t remember have you ever just skipped reading a book what was that book.

Happy Blogging.
    Your pal,
    Libst@r

Hi Libby,

Thank you! I am always looking out for your comments!

I also like Diary of a Wimpy Kid! My fave types are Cabin Fever, Rodrick Rules, Dog Days and The Last Straw.

My favourite top two books are Pish Posh and St Clares.

My first book would have been an ABC one.

6. Laura says:

Dear Maha,
    I know that you like Anna Sewell, well guess what, I like Anna Sewell as well! :mrgreen: I have a book that Anna Sewell made and it’s called Black Beauty. Do you have the book Black Beauty?

Please tell me a bit about you. My favourite colours are pink and purple. What are you’r favourite colours?

L♥ura 8)

Dear Laura,

We have something common with each other! I do have a book called Black Beauty and I love it!

My fave colours are purple, aqua and red.

7. Thomas says:

Dear Maha,

What a wonderful post, I have read a lot of books but my favourite book would have to be, Matilda by Roald Dahl, it is about a girl that learns to read when she was only two and goes to the library every day without her mum and dad knowing she went.

The kind of books I like to read are adventure. Sometimes They are funny and sometimes they aren’t funny.

from your buddy,
    Thomas

Dear Thomas,

Thank you for commenting! I also think Matilda is the best. I was really sucked into the book when I heard when she was just two, she went to the library all by herself withour her parents knowing! It is a fantastic book!

I alsi like to read adventure books and gross books. Do you read goosebumps?

8. Leah says:

Great post, good job. :mrgreen:
    I ♥ reading!

My favourite author is Stephanie Myer because she wrote my favourite books in the whole wide world The Twilight books and here they all are:

Twilight

New Moon

Eclipse

Breaking Dawn

Keep up the great blogging,
    Leah. ♥

Dear Leah,

Thank you!

It is good to know that you LOVE reading!

I also like Twilight but I haven’t read the books.

I didn’t know that you read all of them!

9. Brandon(4KM) says:

Dear readers,

My favorite books are:
    Goosebumps, Goosebumps Horrorland and pretty much anything Goosebumps.

From The Blob of Awesomeness,
    Brandon.
    P.S. The author of Goosebumps is R.L. Stine

• Maha says:

Dear Brandon ( The blob of awsomeness)

My favourite books are also goosebumps. What is your favourite goosebumps book?

From your classmate,

10. Liv says:

Dear Maha,

Wow! I was just blown away with how well you wrote this post. I love reading too! I really loved the Harry Potter series, I keep reading them over and over again at home! Thanks for leaving comments on my blog.

Some books you and I like are:
    Enid Blyton series.
    Harry Potter series.
    Roald Dahl series.
    Some authors you and I like are:
    J.K Rowling.
    Enid Blyton
    Roald Dahl

I really like fantasy, mystery and adventure type stories.

Your friend,
    Liv 🙂

Dear Liv,

Thank you! You have such nice compliments! I also love the Harry Potter series and I read it so much that my mum asks me if I get bored reading it! I love leaving comments on your blog!

Wow! I never knew we had so much in common!

I also like fantasy and mystery stories. Do you like Goosebumps?

11. Jess says:

Dear Maha,

Wow I love your post and you are also a fantastic blogger!

My favourite aurthors would have to be, Enid Blyton, J.K. Rowling, Andy Griffiths and lots more. Mostly all the books I have read are by the same aurthor or only the books I like are in a series.

I also have heaps of books I like and here they are, all the Harry Potter series, all the Enchanted Wood series, some Go Girl books, The Little White Horse and all the Roald Dahl series.

I also like adventure books they are so good!

Happy blogging,
    Jess 😎

Dear Jess.

Thank you! I think you are a fantastic blogger as well!

We have a lot of authors and books in common!

They are a very mysterious! Do you like Goosebumps?

12. Bronte says:

Dear Maha,
    my favourite books are mostly horsy books. The best horse series I’ve ever read is called Canterwood Crest (a drama), the main character is a girl called Sasha Silver.
    The other series I love is called pony pals, It’s about three girls that are horse crazy and they call themselves the pony pals. Their names are called Pam, Lulu(Lucy) and Anna, they all have their own ponies. Pams one is a chestnut coloured mare whos name is Lightning, Lulus one is a pony called Snow-white, and Annas pony is a creamy colour with black points whos name is Acorn.

Your friend,
    Bronte 👿 🙂 😛

Dear Bronte,

I also like horse books. I have never heard of Canterwood Crest. I hope it is a good book!

I like Pony Plas as well! Who is your favourite charachter and horse form the story?

From your classmate,

• Bronte says:

Dear Maha,
        you would’nt of heard about the Canterwood Crest books, they only sell in England. I had to wait about two or three weeks for them to arrive! 🙂

My favourite person is Anna and her pony Acorn. Iesha, Jess and Indiana are actualy my pony pals, Iesha is Pam, Indi is Luhu, Jess is Eva (we made her up because there was’nt any more people for her to be, so Evas just a different version of Rema Baxter.) And I’m Anna.

Do you borrow the ones from the library, or do you get them from ebay ❓
        Do you know any other horse series. ( If you do, please tell me)

Your friend,
        Bronte 😳
        PS. Evas horse is Black beauty.

Dear Bronte,

Really! I never knew they selled in England! Where did you order from?

My favourite person is Lulu with her pony Snow White!

I get the books from our Independent Reading tub.
          I don’t know any other horse series, sorry!

13. Lilli says:

Dear Maha,

Hello Maha I will tell you my favourite books are…
    The Babysitters Club, Black Beauty and Diary of a
    Wimpy Kid.

From Lil 😆

Dear Lilli,

Those are all one of my favourite books!

From baby-sitters club, who would your favourite character(s) be?

14. shakira ♥ says:

Dear Maha,

Wow what a great post about what is your favourite book mine are scary
    books but any kind except goosebumps because some of them are old and I like more realistic ones and yeah.

♥ what is your favourite book

because I don’t have much time on the computer

from

shakira mrgreen:

Dear Shakira,

Thank you! I also like scary books and I especially like Goosebumps but I also like realistic ones as well!

My favourite book is probalby All about Rachel.

15. Dear Maha,

Welcome to the world of blogging. I hope you have fun and make many blogging friends.

What are your favourite books and authors?
    I often liked to read science fiction stories, particularly by Isaac Asimov but that was many years ago.

What kind of books do like? (adventure, romantic etc.)
    While science fiction is my favourite fiction, I rarely have time to read any. Mostly, I read non-fiction books about history, science and the environment as well as references on line. I also spend quite a bit of time reading and commenting on student blogs around the world.

I hope you keep blogging. There’s a world of blogs out there and many who like to share.

@RossMannell
    Teacher, NSW, Australia

Dear Ross Mannell,

Thank you for commenting! Even though I haven’t had my blog for a long time, I am enjoying making lots of new friends and having conversations.

I have never heard of Isaac Asimov.

My favourite type of books to read are adventure and gross books.

From your blogging friend,

• Ross Mannell says:

Dear Maha,

Blogging certainly is a way of having conversations with new friends around the world. I have now written comments on blogs of students in Europe, Africa, Asia, North America and Australia and on a teacher’s blog in South America. The only continent missed is Antarctica but there are no schools there so that isn’t a surprise. 🙂

Isaac Asimov was a science fiction writer of Professor of Biochemistry in Boston, USA. He was born in the same year as my father, 1919 in Russia but emigrated to the US in 1922. He first started writing short stories in 1939. He went on to write numerous science fiction novels and is remembered, in part, for his Three Laws of Robotics…

1. A robot may not injure a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
        2. A robot must obey the orders given to it by human beings, except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
        3. A robot must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.

There are those who believe all robots should have these laws embedded in their programming in order to protect people from harm. One of his robot stories, “The Bicentennial Man”, was made into a wonderful film starring Robin Williams whereas his writings influenced a number of others.

Keep your interest in books and reading. You open yourself up to world of adventure, information and fun if you do.

@RossMannell

Dear Ross Manell,

My teacher, Mrs Morris, told me and everyone in my class that having conversations is one of the things leading and making a friendly blogging community. Wow! You have had conversations with lots of continents!

What is biochemistry? I have never heard of the Three Laws of Robotics.

What does “Bicentennial mean?

From your blogging friend,

• Ross Mannell says:

Dear Maha,

Biochemistry is a branch of chemistry which mostly looks at the chemical reactions happening in living things. In our bodies, there are chemical reactions happening all of the time. It’s the same in all animals and plants.

“Bicentennial” means 200th. Back in 1970, Australia celebrated the 200th anniversary of Captain Cook’s voyage along Australia’s east coast in 1770. There was a massive celebration in Sydney, incluging a visit by Queen Elizabeth II. I was amongst the crowds.

In 1988, we again had a bicentenary event. It marked 200 years since the first convicts were landed in Australia. There was a reenactment of the First Fleet’s voyage to Australia ending in Sydney. I was again in the crowd.
            For the Aboriginal people, it marked the beginning of lost cultures as some language groups have disappeared. This is why we treasure the remaining cultures.

A centenary is the 100th anniversary. in 2001, Australia celebrated its 100th anniversary of becoming a nation. Before that date, Australia was a collection of colonial states and territories.

@RossMannell
            Teacher, NSW, Australia

Dear Ross Mannell,

Wow! I never knew biochemistry meant doing science with living things.

I never knew you were in the crowds when Queen Elizabeth II was in Sydney!

You were also in the crowd when First Fleet’s voyage ended!

From your blogging friend,

16. L@ura says:

Dear Maha,
    it looks like we both have purple as one of our fave colours. How many Anna Sewell books do you have? I have1 Anna Sewell book so far.

L@ura

Dear Laura,

It is funny we have something in common! I also have only 1 Anna Sewell book.

17. L@ura says:

Dear Maha,

You know how you have Pony Pal books, well, I have read the 1st 5 books of the Pony Pals books. I have the first 5 books of the Pony Pal books and the books from the 13th book to the 18th book 18th book I think. How many Pony Pals books do you have? I have so many books about it that I almost have a series of of Pony Pal books!

Please tell me a bit more about yourself. My hobby is goimg on the ultranet. What is your favourite hobby?

From your blogging friend,
    L@ura

Dear Laura,

Wow! You do have a lot of Pony Pal books! I have about 5 Pony Pal books!

My hobby is definently art!

From,

18. Aariz says:

Hi Maha!
    My favourite books are Pokemon, Boy vs Beast, Horrid Henry and Beast Quest.
    Aariz :mrgreen: 😆 😀 🙂

19. Aariz says:

Hi Maha again!
    Sorry, I forgot some books I like!
    I forgot goosebumps, diary of a wimpy kid, Junie B. Jones, the dragonling, the magic tree house and flat Stanly.
    From Aariz :mrgreen: 😆 😀 🙂 👿 😈

Hi Aariz!

It’s ok!

I also love Goosebumps, Diary of a Wimpy Kid,Junie B. Jones and The Magic Tree House!

From your sis,